Powered by Blogger.

Holy Hiatus, Batman!

You know when you have every good intention in the world, and then the world gets in the way? Yeah. That's the story of my life.  I had so many great blog posts lined up from registering and our baby shower, to decorating our nursery and final preparations.  Then life happened and all of that went out the window.  My husband is a basketball coach and from November - March he's at work from 8-4:30 and then at practice until 9-10 p.m. some nights, with games on Tuesdays and Fridays that I have to attend, no matter how far.  Add in a dog that needs heart medication two times a day, my own 9-5 with a half hour commute each way, and a pregnancy during the holidays...all of my great intentions fell to the wayside quite quickly.  Through being pregnant, having this baby, and keeping everyone around me alive for the last two months, I've learned to not put any extra pressure on myself.  I want to continue sharing my story, which has turned into our story.  I may not be able to get a post out every Monday, or every week.  I can barely shower more than once a week right now.  However, I'm going to vow to do my best and write when I can.  My days are filled with a two-month old who has reflux and a milk allergy, who will either take a 20-minute nap or a 3-hour one.  I still have a dog who needs medication twice a day and extra love now that his naps are interrupted by a crying baby.  I have a husband who's working, planning his summer basketball schedule, and enjoying a little golf when he can.  And I have a house that is never going to be clean again.

So I ask that you bear with me as I try to navigate this whole parenting thing one day at a time.  It will be entertaining, at the very least.

No comments